The best matches to watch this weekend
– No.5 Salem (9-3, 2-1) will continue the Region 5-3A game on Friday against Westminster (7-2) at home. The Seminoles have lost three games for a total of 18 points – against number 2 Sandy Creek (60-55), Augusta Christian (64-60) and Cumberland Christian (63-54).
– No.6 Cross Creek (9-4, 0-0) will face Harlem (0-8) on Friday to open their game in Region 4 and carry their likely victory momentum to Saturday’s game against No.7 Thomson . Thomson opens the regional game on Friday against Richmond Academy.
Best Girls Games
–Oconee County No.7 (10-3, 0-0) will open the Region 8 game against No.8 East Jackson (11-1, 0-0) on Friday. Oconee lost to Class 4A No.8 North Oconee (54-42), Class 7A Central Gwinnett (63-38) and Class 2A No.4 Fannin County (50-33). East Jackson’s only loss came in the season opener on November 16 against Athens Private Academy Class A (42-34).
– No.2 Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe (14-0, 6-0) has a chance to move up to 8-0 in Region 6 this weekend with league games against Adairsville (9-4, 3-3 ) Friday and LaFayette (5-6, 2-4) Saturday. Christen Collins (17.7 points), Angel Simmons (17.1 points) and Christina Collins (14 points) lead the Warriors’ offense.
– The Greater Atlanta Christian No.4 (7-3, 3-0) will compete in the She Got Game Classic in Osborne against Class 7A East Coweta on Saturday before continuing the Region 5 game against Cedar Grove at home on Tuesday. Senior Kaleigh Addie scores 20.4 points per game and Jaci Bolden scores 16.9 points per game.
Class 3A boys top-10
1. Windsor Forest
2. Sand stream
4. La Fayette
6. Cross the stream
8. Christian of Greater Atlanta
9. Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe
Class 3A girls top-10
1. County of Lumpkin
2. Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe
3. Cross the stream
4. Christian of Greater Atlanta
5. Pierce County
7. Oconee County
8. Jackson East
9. Burke County
10. Sumter County
Note: The updated rankings after the holidays will be published on Sunday (boys) and Monday (girls).