Heed Editing of Hizzoner’s Appeal – Streetsblog New York City
It’s been a busy day for the major daily newspapers, with a full slate of stories about Sunday’s devastating Bronx fire, so we’ll get to the most important piece of that story: Mayor Adams called the New- Yorkers to help victims, so you should do what we did and click here to donate via the Mayor’s Fund website.
Every little gesture counts.
Now for the transportation related news:
- David Zipper asks the question we always ask ourselves: why aren’t there cameras on every bus to spit tickets at the morons blocking the bus lane? (Bloomberg)
- The Daily Newsuh’s Clayton Guse gave us all flashbacks when he spotted cars parked in City Hall Square – an echo of how Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams handled the City Hall public sidewalk. A little warning? The sidewalks and City Hall driveway are off-limits to the public and have long since been ceded to pols and adjacent staff members who would need to take the subway or cycle to work.
The entire western edge of City Hall turned into a parking lot for unmarked NYPD cars.
Some sometimes parked here under de Blasio, but not as much. pic.twitter.com/PYr4aSmGFJ
— Clayton Guse (@ClaytonGuse) January 10, 2022
- A moped driver was seriously injured when he was run over by a hit-and-run driver on FDR Drive. (New York Post)
- A big apology is due to council member Gale Brewer, who do invite us to his Sunday press on the growing danger of proliferating online grocery business non-market “dark sites”. Turns out his email address changed to [email protected], and we had told Google to feature all emails from the old address, [email protected] Well, now we know!
- In case you missed it, Ginia Bellafante mentioned Streetsblog’s Dave Colon in her “Mayor of Swagger” post on Sunday. (New York Times)
- Sad news for anyone who grew up in Westchester in the 1970s.New York Times)
- And finally, everyday Tesla? Give us a fucking break:
— Emily Watson (@M_uh_lee) January 10, 2022